This topic will explains different techniques in mobile application development. Here I considered Popular SmartOS such as Android, iOS, Windows Phone because of their popularities
Techniques in Mobile Development
- Native Development
- Hybrid Development
Required Skills for Native Development
- JAVA for Android
- Objective-C / Swift for iOS
- .NET for Windows Phone
Benefits of Native Development
- There is no limitation for access mobile features using native development
- Faster compared to hybrid development
Limitations of Native Development
- It takes more time to learn (being an expert takes minimum of 3 months)
- You can develop only one platform, (E.g, if you learn android, you can develop only for android)
- High development cost
Hybrid Development using Phonegap
- Single Code base for all platforms
- Cheap development cost
- Easy to learn & Quick to develop all platforms
- limitations in UI Design (can be resolved using UI framework like Ionic / OnSen UI
Who is the Winner ? Native vs Hybrid
Before Choosing the best platform Ask the following questions yourself, you may get good result
When you’ve to Choose Native development ?
- Are you going to develop Games ?
- Are you going to develop high data oriented application like Facebook (E.g millions of request / seconds )
- Do you’ve big budget for developing an applications?
Then Choose Native development
When you’ve to Choose Hybrid development ?
- Do you need an app immediately (E.g within a week) ?
- Do you have low budget ?
- Do you want to build an application for all platforms like android, iOS, Windows ?
My Suggestion is Hybrid development, because you can develop your business very fast with cheap development cost.